In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1voltereta femeninovuelta de manos femenino México
- Some are performing backflips and handsprings in the shade; others are stretching one by one the kind of shoulder muscles that have their own shoulder muscles.
- However, the front handspring went awry, resulting in a 1 1/4 front to her collarbone.
- Danielle landed perfectly from a series of back handsprings along the trampoline strip.
- Though Dmitry Kasperovich is suffering from an injured leg, he continued vaulting until he successfully completed a handspring double front-half and Tsukahara double back.
- Rice said she felt the vault was extremely suitable for the Yurchenko-style vaults, where the gymnast does a round-off onto the board and a back handspring onto the horse.
- Even if your past doesn't include standing back tucks, handsprings and split jumps, they can be part of your future.
- Maria Teresa Gargano performed consecutive one-armed back handsprings on beam, but missed her tucked full on that event.
- Instead, I composed myself and did a handspring into a one-handed cartwheel.
- Zamolodchikova worked aggressively on balance beam in her trademark style, adding a new full-twisting back handspring, back handspring, layout stepout, and back tuck to Rulfova.
- Sirobaba fell on an Arabian double front and 2 1/2 punch front during her routine, but later repeated the Arabian double front and also stuck a front handspring, double front.
- Sarah effortlessly did three front handsprings in a row before landing on her feet and flying down the rugged path through the forest.
- Sun Xiaojiao of China earned the day's high score, with a routine that included a one-arm back handspring, back handspring, layout to two feet.
- In the vault, for instance, she performed the Tsukahara, a sideways handspring with back somersault which, until recently, was only ever executed by the men.
- He then spun into another sweep, and kicked my left foot out from underneath me. sensing that I was falling, I put both my hands down, and jumped into a back handspring.
- When I was blasted off my feet, I put my hands up and did a handspring forward so I wouldn't get knocked down.
- I could have done handsprings and cartwheels down the aisles without hitting anybody.
- Uzbekistan's Oksana Chusovitina, who is scheduled to compete in Wednesday's vault event final, trained a handspring, tucked full-twisting front.
- Cuba's Roche did a ‘two and a half handspring, ‘the first time ever this vault has been done at an official competition.’
- I was on the TumbleTrak and I was like, ‘I wonder if I can do a back handspring on my head?’
- Blanik, who finished third on the event at the 2000 Olympics and second at the 2002 Worlds, scored a 9.875 in Glasgow for his piked handspring double front.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.