In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manuscritoescrito a mano
- The most he could do was provide us with a handwritten note that vouched for our honorable intentions.
- All articles should be neatly typed; we cannot accept handwritten contributions.
- She too had spotted a handwritten advert of Tann's in June 2001, and had met him with her two children, Ms Laws said.
- I wrote to the address given and received a very polite handwritten letter in reply.
- You wrote a short handwritten note, which explained to me how, where and when to deliver the feedback to the external examiner.
- The handwritten message is scanned and sent to the destination and the letter is delivered just as a telegram.
- The letter, which was handwritten and had no return address, was sent to an FBI lab in Miami for testing.
- Particularly memorable was a handwritten letter of Nehru's that I came across.
- For each song George provides a brief insight into his inspiration and shares his original, handwritten lyrics.
- Within hours, the walls were draped in art paper bearing handwritten tributes to Gavin.
- They raided the safe for cash and left two handwritten notes.
- There was also a small handwritten paper extolling the value of purdah - wearing the veil.
- Write a few handwritten words in blue ink or on a stick-on note on the front page of the newsletter.
- I wrote him a handwritten note asking if he would be interested in working with me.
- After school, with a few friends, he brought out a handwritten magazine titled Bharati.
- The handwritten account of his trial runs to just two pages.
- The universal electronic signature will have the effect of a handwritten signature towards everyone.
- There were the original handwritten entries at the time events happened.
- The public is invited to watch works-in-progress and submit handwritten comments.
- He had a stack of record cards that explained his work and at the bottom of each card a handwritten link to another card.
- Honey climbed to the stage, clutching her handwritten speech and trembling all over.
- Isn't the legal strength of a petition based on handwritten signatures?
- The den is where the music legend practiced and kept a handwritten log of his recordings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.