In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
also clothes hanger", "coat hanger
1percha femeninogancho (para la ropa) masculino América Latina
- There were several hangers, and Eve hung up the few good shirts that she had, and a couple of skirts.
- A black leather mini-miniskirt hung from a nearby hanger, and it happened to be her size.
- Jim reached out for Blair's coat and hung it on the hanger behind the desk, then started to take his own off.
- Olivia hung up the phone and went to her closet, scanning the dresses that hung from the hangers.
- I believe that new, fantastic clothes should be instantly purchased, hemmed, and transported onto hangers in my closet.
- Two hoodies hang on actual hangers in the closet.
- You just spray this on the night before and smooth away the wrinkles as it hangs on a hanger.
- Yeah, mine is separated into t-shirts and jeans, but I don't have complete outfits hanging from hangers!
- Buy some fresh new hangers, and hang all your skirts and pants.
- If the door was locked, a coat hanger or garden tool was usually used to try to hook the keys.
- There was a bloke with his bicycle, a bag, and - this threw me a bit - a plastic coat hanger.
- Seven white shirts and five skirts, three plaid and two gray, hung from hangers.
- Girly, light clothing of every hue filled the shelves in the closet, hung on the hangers, and splashed still more color in the room.
- The loft was strewn with clothes; shirts were draped over the couch and loveseat while pants were hung with hangers on the kitchen table seats.
- She moved quickly over to her closet where her uniform hung from a hanger.
- Ideally trousers should be hung on hangers by the waist band, they will hold their shape a lot longer than left folded over a bar.
- Still, he calmly slipped out of his thick green jacket and hung it on the hanger closest to the air conditioner.
- White gloves that were studded with diamonds hung on the hanger beside it.
- PC Flowers said that another method of stealing car or house keys was by pushing a coat hanger through letterboxes to hook keys off tables near the front doors.
- I went to the master bedroom and found his uniform still hanging on the steel hanger.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.