In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1partidario de la línea dura masculinopartidaria de la línea dura femeninorigorista femenino
- Police were called out to guard cinemas after protests by Hindu hardliners.
- It has made things more difficult for the reformers, boosting the hardliners and causing division and disturbances in the capital Tehran.
- Of course hardliners of different political parties would have different views.
- The reformists control the foreign ministry, the hardliners control the military.
- He was appointed to assume the political leadership as a hardliner who could deal with the growing Solidarno movement.
- The veteran hardliner has been droning on about her political burnout for years, and has also long had to live with open speculation that her husband is an intelligence agent on the payroll of the French government.
- Most KPPSI activists and hardliners come from UMI, where Abdurrahman Basalamah was once rector.
- The second scenario is a military coup d'état by the hardliners.
- So far, every time the reformers have tried to open up the system, the hardliners have closed it back down.
- For one thing, the military itself is divided between reformists and hardliners.
- But now, an ultra hardliner has been elected president with a huge, if artificially augmented, majority.
- In a sense, the hardliners in the military and intelligence services are no different from a widow or widower who cannot accept the death of a spouse.
- The never ending power struggles between the hardliners and reformers certainly does not help to cool their heads.
- ‘I take part in all security cabinet meetings and never has such a plan been submitted,’ Tourism Minister Rehavam Zeevi, a noted hardliner, told military radio.
- Since then, his reforms have largely been stymied by theological and political hardliners.
- Some observers believe Kim Jong Il is now a captive of his military hardliners.
- Rice is National Security Advisor to President Bush, his closest White House influence and a hardliner on foreign policy.
- During that struggle, support tends to solidify around the hardliners, giving them an authority ordinary politicians lack.
- Lu is a maverick who attracts the support of the pro-independence hardliners.
- In recent weeks, German hardliners have exploited the anniversary of Dresden to gain political support.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.