In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1endurecimiento (del cojinete) plantar masculino
- If they survive, they can go on to develop thickening of the foot pads (this is why distemper is sometimes called hard pad), and damage to the teeth.
- Canine distemper, sometimes referred to as 'hard pad', is caused by a virus very similar to the measles virus, although it is not a risk to humans.
- If the results show that hard pad is present, hydration therapy will be given as this hampers the growth of keratin.
- Distemper, hard-pad, parvovirus, mange and many other diseases destroy hundreds of pets every year because the vet called in by the trusting 'owner' frequently says that nothing can be done.
- Another problem unique to dogs, called hard-pad disease, may occur after a bout with canine distemper, says Dr. Ashley.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.