In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rock duro masculino
- True heavy metal, as distinguished from hard rock, has always had a prominent element of classical music.
- Somehow, the band manages to keep its furious mix of polka, punk, klezmer, hard rock and free jazz in sync.
- The songs may be old-fashioned hard rock, but producer Steve Albini has polished them to a bright shine.
- What Simple Plan is to punk, so Incubus is to hard rock: a distant cousin that is more popular than the original.
- The result is reserved, predictable hard rock that never gets out of first gear when it should be in overdrive.
- It's a record that liberates your mind and sets a new bar for hard rock.
- The four men of DIY Band are not young kids playing hard rock with heavy make-up.
- I wasn't into hard rock or heavy metal at all, as I found it annoying.
- And while they play a bit of funky hard rock, the band threw in a old-school punk song that warmed up the audience.
- The sound planning and design make sure that the music, whether hard rock or pop, does not overwhelm any conversation.
- Still, there were a lot of people jamming out to various types of hard rock / heavy metal.
- Lynott, the black man, was an anomaly in the Waspish world of hard rock.
- There are indeed shades of grunge and emo, but there's also pop-punk, ska, even hard rock.
- Listen to all three of her released albums and you'll hear folk, jazz, hard rock, even a Spanish love song.
- Around me, hard rock and heavy metal and elaborate rap music mixed and blared into one loud noise in these streets.
- They may be more of a modern rock band now, but they're still far better than what passes for hard rock on the radio these days.
- Allwyn Fernandes has all bases covered from hard rock and metal to jazz.
- Are these guys supposed to be destroying rock 'n' roll or playing hard rock like the New York Dolls?
- Radio-friendly hard rock doesn't always have to suck, but Nural aren't going to prove that to anyone.
- He knows hard rock can't fully outrun cliche, which means the Donnas can't either.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.