- She told me a harum-scarum tale of running through a forest in the middle of the stormy.
- Rob Hayles catapulted across our Olympic consciousness at the end of a harum-scarum event called the Madison.
- Favourite Gunther McBride set out to make every yard of the running under Richard Johnson, but his jumping was harum-scarum.
- Van Wyk's narrator, a harum-scarum, hard-drinking journalist called Scara Nhlabatsi, relishes all manner of rude jokes, bawdy abuse, malapropisms and puns and provides a slew of images of the vulgar excess of power.
- She had been running for four days now, a harum-scarum tumbling flight through passages and tunnels.