In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiesta de la cosecha femenino
- At harvest festival, Grant's the bakers would provide a massive bread loaf in the shape of a sheaf of corn, propped up on the altar.
- And they are planning a harvest festival next Saturday, featuring a local produce auction, as part of the festivities.
- They have donated a basket of bread for our harvest festival for the past couple of years.
- Foodstuffs taken to church for the harvest festival are generally given to charity.
- In traditional Ireland, Samhain was the harvest festival marking the end of one year and beginning of the next.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.