1(feast)cena para celebrar el fin de la cosecha
- We had a really good weekend when we went to the Harvest Home festival at the Totara Estate a little south of Oamaru.
- Despite the bad publicity generated by Thomas Tryons novel, Harvest Home is the pleasantest of holidays. Admittedly, it does involve the concept of sacrifice, but one that is symbolic only.
2(end of harvest)fin de la cosecha masculino
- Indeed, to celebrate harvest home a festive crowdie could be made with cream and sugar.
- The cumbrous wain, bearing the last load, has been seen rocking across the furrowed field and to joyous shouts of "Harvest Home" it has been safely borne to the now overflowing barn or swelling stack-yard.
- There is evidence that in the past, frumenty was eaten at secular feasts, in celebration of harvest home, for instance.