In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nombre del pasado masculino
- The Labour backbenches are now stuffed with the disappointed, the thwarted, the fired, the has-beens and those that were never likely to amount to anything in the first place.
- Other housemates evoke the ghosts of yesterday's popular culture, as the has-beens who populate reality TV tend to do.
- He was the one genuine watchable talent in a particularly gruesome collection of minor career-boosting has-beens and wannabe-agains.
- The show, which begins tomorrow and features the traditional line-up of has-beens and never-weres, is nonetheless set to attract a massive audience.
- While many solo acts from the '80s are one-hit wonders and has-beens, Finn clearly breaks the mold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.