In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papas y cebolla doradas en la sartén
- Let hash browns cook for the full time called for in the recipe before turning so they'll develop a nice brown crust (peek after about 4 minutes to make sure they don't burn).
- I opted for the typical American breakfast of eggs, beef bacon, hashed browns, pancakes, and coffee.
- But some soldiers demand their daily bacon, eggs and hash browns because they need those calories and don't gain weight on that diet.
- Whether you're making our potato pancakes or old-fashioned hash browns, one of the keys is to shred the spuds to the right consistency.
- I took my time eating a breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, hash browns, salads, sandwiches, toasts and other stuff.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.