In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Again, the proximity of Morocco, where cannabis is a traditional product, facilitated the supply of hashish and marijuana for the Spanish market.
- In Spain, there is now a robust supply of both Moroccan hashish and homegrown marijuana of increasing variety and quality.
- Certainly the most famous element of Dutch drug policy is that coffee shops are allowed to sell hashish and marijuana.
- I smoke high quality hybrid cannabis like skunk, northern lights and purple haze, and sometimes high quality hashish like menali, charis and gold seal.
- The Statistics Canada study reveals that the increase hasn't been confined to cannabis, which includes marijuana, hashish and hash oil.
- It was hard for him to be associated with fellow musicians and fans who were deep rooted in hippie culture and drugs like ganja, hashish.
- Supporters of this social movement share a diffuse ideology that sees marijuana and hashish as natural and benign drugs and their use as legitimate.
- He was accused of trafficking amphetamines, hashish, ecstasy and pseudoephadrine worth millions of dollars.
- Cannabinoids include Cannabis sativa products such as marijuana, hashish and hash oil.
- Marijuana, hashish, and hashish oil are obtained from the plant Cannabis sativa, which grows in tropical and temperate climates.
- The NHSDA defines cannabis as both marijuana and hashish, and tells how it is typically used.
- This is the first time domestically cultivated marijuana has overtaken Moroccan hashish as the major product in the British marijuana market.
- In the Syrian-controlled Beqaa Valley, farmers grew hashish and opium as staple export crops.
- Morocco is currently the leading producer of hashish, with Europe being the biggest customer.
- A narghilé is a water pipe used for smoking hashish.
- Bordering on Afghanistan, where most of the world's opium, morphine and hashish are produced, Iran has easy access to drugs.
- A transient experience of synaesthesia can be induced in non-synaesthetes by drugs such as hashish and mescaline.
- Cannabinoids have been known for many, many thousands of years, things like marijuana and hashish, both for medicinal purposes as well as just for pleasure.
- This high tar content is mainly because hashish (the solid form of marijuana) is made using lots of other chemicals, which all add to the tar content.
- The supply of hashish coming from Moroccan fields grew enormously in the 1990s, especially in the second half of that decade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.