In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(delito grave motivado por la raza, orientación sexual etc de la persona agredida) delito de odio masculino
- How many people do you know who've been the victim of a hate crime where the perpetrator has gone unpunished?
- This anonymous critic mistakenly used free speech as an excuse for committing a hate crime.
- The savage attack has been classified as a hate crime by the Police Department.
- West Yorkshire police today confirmed they were treating the incident of assault and criminal damage as a hate crime.
- Prosecuting murder as a hate crime only lets the rest of us think we're off the hook, while it tramples on justice.
- If convicted of a hate crime, you could spend up to two years in jail.
- A hate crime isn't just directed towards the actual members of a minority group.
- Sangha was shot in the temple with a pellet gun, in what he believes to be a racially motivated hate crime.
- The officers responsible for the beating were terminated and prosecuted for what the courts viewed as a hate crime.
- Police treated Robert's attack as a hate crime, but his assailants have never been caught.
- Racist hate crime is rising in the city and police say jingoism during Euro 2004 may be to blame.
- Was the arson a hate crime, they asked, an attempted triple homicide, or a hoax?
- As she gained more experience, she moved into the hate crime unit and worked with domestic crime and had special responsibility within the racial crime unit.
- The vandal, snared by an off-duty librarian, was arrested and charged with a hate crime.
- Police are appealing for witnesses in what they think was a homophobic hate crime this week.
- Last month he was murdered in what the police treated as a homophobic hate crime.
- We had been eating dinner when something about a hate crime against a young gay man came up on the TV.
- Other measures include a new team to tackle bogus official burglaries and an increase in hate crime reporting centres.
- When a hate crime occurs, it doesn't matter what the actual orientation of the victim is.
- This culture of safety and danger was produced by campaigns about hate crime and local crime reporting initiatives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.