In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the have-nots — los pobres
- They also claim the gap between the haves and the have-nots would become wider.
- For a change, try sharing with the have-nots and experience real joy and contentment.
- John Edwards talked about two Americas divided by class, the haves and the have-nots.
- You have got to stop this new tendency to make the poor, or the have-nots, pay for their problems.
- He sees the police acting as a tool of the haves in society, working against the have-nots.
- They do not think that the gap between the haves and the have-nots was growing.
- Disparities between the haves and the have-nots are subsumed in false responses.
- I realised not only that there are the haves and the have-nots, but that the haves organise to make sure you don't get any of it.
- The growing gulf between the haves and the have-nots has led the latter to take the law into their own hands.
- The more extreme the income inequality, the greater the psychic distance between the have-nots and the haves.
- So a gap has been formed between the rich and the poor or the haves and the have-nots.
- And while the tax cuts for the haves are permanent, those for the have-nots are good for only one year.
- But what came out of those years was an ever-wider gap between the incomes and experiences of the haves and the have-nots.
- As in France it looks like the ballot here will be an uprising of the have-nots against the haves.
- Kim Beazley is right to expose the tax cuts as being skewed to the haves over the have-nots, but he is wrong to make it his battleground.
- Here's another way to look at it: The more the have-nots push, the more they lose.
- What he wants to achieve is an alliance of the rich against the have-nots.
- Reynolds saw the inequity in society and understood the frustration and alienation of the have-nots.
- The average daily income of these have-nots is less than $1 a day.
- It allows the gap between the haves and the have-nots, the strong and the weak, to grow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.