In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiebre del heno femeninopolinosis femeninoalergia al polen femenino
- Although the symptoms of colds and hay fever are similar, the causes are distinctly different.
- If you have hay fever or other allergies, a sore throat may be one of the symptoms.
- Chewing a piece of comb honey daily often helps to clear the nose and sinuses during hay fever attacks.
- If you have seasonal hay fever, you may be allergic to pollens released by trees, grasses or weeds.
- Sneezing, a blocked or runny nose and itchy eyes are common symptoms of hay fever, also called seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- Despite advances in treatment, an increase has been observed in the incidence of summer hay fever.
- If there is eczema, asthma, or hay fever in your family, you are more likely to become allergic to something yourself.
- People are most at risk from hay fever when the pollen count is high.
- Decongestants help to relieve symptoms such as a blocked nose, which is often caused by hay fever, and by dust and pet allergies.
- People who experience both asthma and hay fever may also wheeze and become short of breath.
- You're more likely to get hay fever if there is a history of allergies in your family, particularly asthma or eczema.
- Intranasal corticosteroids, which you spray into your nose, are effective for hay fever.
- Consider immunotherapy at a specialist centre for those with severe hay fever not responding to medical treatment.
- There was no association between having had multiple vaccinations and hay fever.
- Identical questions were asked about asthma, hay fever, and respiratory symptoms at each survey.
- Rhinitis is a symptom of the common cold and of hay fever.
- Heredity plays a key role in determining who gets allergies, including hay fever.
- The type of pollen particle triggering hay fever is probably from trees, grasses or weeds.
- Antihistamines are most often used to treat the symptoms of allergies, particularly hay fever, and reactions to bites and stings.
- Inhaled anti-inflammatory cortisone drugs can be used for both hay fever and asthma.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.