In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Purchase a headlight for the front of your bike, and then attach it to the center of your handlebars or another location of your choosing.
- These include a large radiator grille, almond-shaped headlamps and a redesigned profile.
- Present-day motor vehicle headlamps are the product of a long evolutionary process.
- They were caught by the photographer, like rabbits in front of the headlights of a car.
- Large headlights are repeated in the size and styling of the rear light clusters.
- A bug bounced off of the light of the headlights, dancing in and out of the halo of white.
- The car comes very well equipped and the self adjusting xenon headlights are powerful.
- I also had to change the headlights because the lights that it came with were incandescent.
- From the outside, the new model can be distinguished by its new front and rear bumper sections, new headlamps and grille up front, and new clear lens lamp clusters at the back.
- The most apparent changes are to the radiator grille design, with newly designed headlamps and tail lights, as well as refined interior fittings.
- All other lights in the car are used to enhance or reinforce the light emitted by the headlamps so that the vehicle would be clearly visible as it is driven down the road.
- It also confuses the eye, and often you're left wondering whether that's a street light or a headlight you're rushing towards.
- A second look, however, reveals extra chrome, a reprofiled front bumper, new fog lamps and a slight redesign to the front grille and headlamps.
- A motor vehicle headlight has a light source cooperating with optical means to produce a beam which is generally spread widthwise.
- All new models get a new front bumper design, new headlamps and tail lights, a new front grille and revised power vents.
- Plug the wiring connector into the back of the new headlight and place the light in the mounting base.
- For the last person into goal we nearly had to turn on the car headlights for landing lights at the airstrip.
- We would head down a different alley, only to find the headlights swinging round in front of us again.
- I have no idea why anyone needs heated seats, electric mirrors or windscreen wipers on the headlights.
- The restyled headlamps and front grille help to give it a sportier, meaner look.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.