In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clínica de adelgazamiento femenino
- This beautiful Georgian health farm is set on a 50-acre deer farm on the shores of Galway Bay.
- I'd spent my career in the catering industry and by 2002 I was running the front-of-house for a health farm in Berkshire.
- But the couple, known for their well publicised drinking binges and partying, recently checked into a health farm, to emerge looking fitter, slimmer and healthier all round.
- You can choose a range of sporting experiences, days out as a ‘film star’, TV presenter or in a recording studio, or else simply pamper yourself silly with a day at a health farm or spa.
- They had visited a health farm together and Bruno knew Francis was under pressure.
- We trained at one of the best health farms in the district, had a great meal, and were back home at 3pm with orders to rest.
- Sessions will cover growing vegetables, fruits and herbs, making yogurt and soft cheeses, baking and preserving, plus an introduction to yoga and relaxing techniques at a local health farm.
- All the staff at the health farm took care of the women in a very professional manner and were extremely pleasant.
- In future I think fourteen stone should be the point where I book myself into a health farm and have my jaw wired.
- In the second half of the film, Carol seeks treatment at a Californian health farm which is horribly cultish and manipulative.
- The idyllic pastoral setting with fine woodland walks, plus the potential for boating and fishing, would also make it an ideal location for a small hotel or a health farm.
- I visit a health farm every now and then to recuperate and keep to 1,000 calories a day.
- Tourists come from around Europe to enjoy the health farms and beauty treatments.
- Like most red-blooded males, I used to take a fairly cautious (okay, an occasionally disparaging) view of spas and health farms in general.
- Once busy celebs went to health farms to straighten out; now they just buy their own farms instead.
- Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.
- Apparently this was a health farm for only handsome men.
- A lady in expensive clothes walked in behind me with six suitcases as if she was checking into a health farm for a week of pampering.
- He has been staying in a health farm for the last couple of years.
- One night, weary of the ‘balanced diet’ of the health farm, we slipped out to Frank's favourite Thai restaurant in nearby Berkhamsted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.