In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1con dificultad de audiciónparcialmente sordo
- Open captioning appears along the bottom of the screen for hearing impaired visitors.
- In Vietnam, we had the chance to visit a special program for hearing-impaired children.
- They met each other almost four years ago at an interactive session for the hearing-impaired community in the city.
- Complaints from the disabled community in New Jersey led to four theater chains there to add special device for the hearing impaired.
- The hearing impaired children excelled in dancing, mainly depending on the lip movements.
- Most health professionals will have had some experience of working with hearing impaired people.
- The following account by Jenny will allow you to consider some of the issues facing hearing impaired people.
- Of course Gallaudet is a university that does such a wonderful job of teaching hearing impaired students.
- People still conversed with each other in dance halls, sign language was only used by the hearing impaired.
- Neighbors said the boy is blind and hearing impaired.
- Communication among professionals is essential to ensure appropriate management of the hearing impaired child.
- This interpreter wanted to bring the news about the Edwards affair to the hearing impaired.
- The hearing impaired child depends a lot on visual clues provided to him for learning.
- Harkins would have been able to escape had she not been hearing-impaired.
- It's designed for the visually or hearing impaired.
- It also includes closed captioning for the hearing impaired.
- There are no subtitles, but there are closed captions for the hearing impaired.
- This design is especially appropriate for two bedmates who must awaken at different times, or for the hearing impaired.
- Hearing dogs are trained to alert the deaf & hearing impaired to every day sounds by physical contact.
- I heard thousands of phone conversations during my years working with the hearing impaired.
1the hearing-impaired — las personas con dificultades de audición / parcialmente sordas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.