In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Each time you come to the church you should switch your hearing aid to the ‘T’ position for better quality sound.
- When hearing loss cannot be corrected medically or surgically, the patient is forced to wear a hearing aid.
- A hearing aid's basic components are the microphone, amplifier, and receiver.
- It receives the signals through the receiver and the instrument in the box will send the sound signals to the person through a hearing aid.
- In England, defendants with no or partial hearing always have a hearing aid or a sign language interpreter present.
- Based on the audiogram, I have been advised to use a hearing aid.
- A control cover for a hearing aid is shown that prevents accidental changes in adjustment.
- I understand it is now possible for someone to wear a tiny hearing aid that is stashed so far down in the ear canal that it's not visible.
- Never hesitate to wear a hearing aid if required or use a walking stick once a person is 70-year old.
- His mom, sister, and brother ambled about, along with his dad, walking with a cane and wearing a hearing aid.
- She can only hear with the help of her hearing aid.
- Without a hearing aid I would drop out of conversations.
- She did wear a big hearing aid that delivered highly amplified sound to her left ear.
- The attacker was said to be wearing a hearing aid.
- There's a world of difference between a heart valve and a hearing aid.
- I grabbed my hearing aid and put it into my left ear, turning it on.
- For those who use a hearing aid, they should turn to the ‘T’ switch on the hearing aid for reception.
- If the hearing aid is not well fitted to the patient's external auditory canal, it may be bothersome or difficult to keep in place.
- The device looks like an older hearing aid with a curved battery and electronics holder worn above and behind the ear.
- The patient wears an outer hearing aid with a microphone that is connected to a speech processor worn on a belt or on the ear.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.