In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ataque al corazón masculinoinfarto masculinohe had / (formal) suffered a heart attack — tuvo un infarto
- I nearly had a heart attack — por poco me da un ataque / un infarto
- It should be clear by now that people who give up smoking after a heart attack live longer than those who don't.
- So the ones who are saved from a heart attack will have been helped by the drug.
- As a result of the attack, the heart may not be able to pump around the body as efficiently as before the heart attack.
- Being sedentary increases the risk of a heart attack or stroke by the same amount as smoking.
- My experience of care after my heart attack was like being led through a fog by someone who knew the way.
- This helps to slow the progression of coronary heart disease and makes a heart attack less likely.
- He was acquitted, but the stress of the trial was blamed for his death from a heart attack two years ago.
- If the symptoms occur whilst at rest, or are not relieved by rest, they could indicate a heart attack.
- When she first came into casualty, we missed the signs of what was probably a heart attack.
- He blacked out and despite a blood transfusion, suffered a fatal heart attack.
- We have a single template in our mind as to what a heart attack is, and how it presents itself.
- Peter is 45, and came so that he could reduce his risk of having a sudden heart attack.
- This procedure can relieve symptoms and reduce the chance of a heart attack.
- While at home he became ill and eventually died alone after a heart attack.
- He was re-admitted to hospital but suffered a fatal heart attack as a result of the infection.
- At first it was assumed he had had a sudden heart attack brought on by all the excitement.
- A successful angioplasty brings relief from angina and can make a heart attack less likely.
- Less than eighteen months later, at the age of sixty, my father suffers a fatal heart attack.
- He had suffered a fatal heart attack and was pronounced dead on the dressing room table.
- Police said a post-mortem examination showed the cause of death was a heart attack.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.