In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The blocks will then be rendered and the house, which will become the family home of Tomas O'Leary, an architect, should have little or no heating bills.
- She estimates their average yearly bills for heating and electricity at about €800, including all the standing charges.
- He added that many hospitals have closed because they had insufficient heating and equipment.
- Installing heating and cooling equipment that can use multiple fuels provides operational flexibility.
- Manufacturers claim the extra insulation of plants cuts building heating and cooling costs and gives a longer roof life.
- According to O'Donnell, the even feeling provided by radiant floor heating is the most common reason people choose the system.
- The next day, Henrietta High School's classed were closed, due to the lack of heating in the building.
- Essential filtration and heating equipment had to be installed at the 20-year-old pool.
- Workers were paid only for their output, and employers did not have to bear the cost of lighting and heating, nor provide space for the machines which were used.
- Enhanced lighting and heating systems will provide a warmer feel, and outside the station will also be spruced up and painted.
- Using a complex system of heating equipment, special growing lamps and automated watering systems the gang had established a hi-tech operation.
- You may already have a humidifier built into your heating and air conditioning system.
- Floodlights mean the range will also be in use throughout the winter when the welcome luxury of heating will be provided in the bays.
- Using the products as a microheater provides a precise heating device, says Amit Das, director of product development.
- The war-time hangars were not suited for comfort, and it was not until 1956 that combustion heating was provided in the classroom.
- The church provides the hall and heating free of charge.
- The heating was provided not for the comfort of the prisoners but to create a better setting for the evaporation of gas.
- Since it was established in 1977, it has grown to become one of the region's leading suppliers of heating, ventilation and air conditioning services.
- You have to ask hard questions and there has to be a long-term and much more wide-ranging approach than simply providing double glazing or heating.
- He wrapped up warmly to enter the building as there was no heating in the building!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.