In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(material/sacks) muy resistente(machine) para uso industrial(clothing/overalls) de trabajo
- Well, they have backup oxygen not only for the passengers but also a very heavy-duty oxygen system for the crew up front.
- And when he removed it, he found it wasn't a hunting pellet but a heavy-duty steel bullet.
- We built this heavy-duty water cart to haul milk replacer to our 60 calf huts.
- That evening, a number of witnesses saw Morris, who very rarely removed his neck chain, wearing a heavy-duty gold chain.
- Use a heavy-duty detergent or wax remover to dean this strip.
- Saturate a couple of heavy-duty paper towels with white vinegar or the Orange Citrus Cleaner.
- Arm yourself with a generous supply of heavy-duty trash bags and empty boxes.
- But the real treat was the bathroom - heavy-duty marble with a sunken bath.
- Casey Lotton of Minnesota builds some great heavy-duty tomato cages.
- I'd put all my stuff into two heavy-duty trash bags, everything I owned.
- If the stain refuses to budge, soak a heavy-duty paper towel with straight peroxide laying the towel on top of the stain.
- It is a heavy-duty steel unit that can be taken apart for cleaning.
- At the entrance to the gallery an upright, abstracted figure, smoothly curved, sat atop a heavy-duty steel truck spring.
- This is where the heavy-duty plastics and polymers come into play.
- They actually were able to digest these heavy-duty poisons, no residue, no nothing.
- Be sure to have plenty of heavy-duty paper plates that don't buckle and spill when they're piled high.
- We vacuum-seal it in these heavy-duty food bags to remove air and we seal it in a PVC tube that protects it physically.
- Linen was also used for fire hoses, parachute webbing and heavy-duty canvas.
- Use heavy-duty glue or staples to attach the mirrors to a wide satin or velvet ribbon.
- If Askins were to catch the bullets with a baseball mitt, he would have needed one made of heavy-duty steel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.