In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1industria pesada femenino
- Railway engine manufacture was Glasgow's second largest heavy industry, after shipbuilding.
- North Korea inherited the bulk of heavy industry when the country was partitioned in 1945.
- People working in heavy industry are also exposed to risk from chemicals and unprotected machinery.
- Mining, shipbuilding and heavy industry had always ensured the man's place in society, but prosperity transformed the region beyond recognition.
- They haven't had the inventory buildup you've seen in heavy industry or high-tech equipment.
- Some are even penetrating the most traditional male bastions, such as heavy industry.
- Second, several studies in recent decades have pointed to a neglect of traditional manufacturing and heavy industry as a problem.
- North Sea gas, oil and the decline of heavy industry cut demand for coal, and 223 pits closed between 1964 and 1970.
- There is a tendency to look upon industry, and particularly heavy industry, as environmental ‘criminals’.
- Moreover, the railroads could not be insulated from the serious disruption of heavy industry, a primary customer sector.
- Ukrainian workers are also aware of the fate of heavy industry and mining in the former East Germany and Poland, where hundreds of thousands lost their jobs.
- To many, the army must have seemed like the opportunity of a lifetime and areas dominated by heavy industry and mining provided a disproportionate number of recruits.
- And it has freed many of us from work in heavy industry, where we generated worse environmental problems.
- Lung disease is now Britain's biggest killer and is a particular problem in South Yorkshire due to the legacy of steel, mining and heavy industry as well as high levels of smoking.
- But for heavy industry, the ability to finally pass on higher materials costs has been a boon.
- He relaxed press censorship, slowed the rate of farm collectivization, and reduced investment in heavy industry in favour of the manufacture of consumer goods.
- Germany used its rich iron and coal resources to develop heavy industry, such as iron and steel manufacture.
- Since independence, there has been a decline in agriculture and heavy industry and growth in the financial and service sectors.
- State-owned enterprise and foreign multinationals led the way with large-scale heavy industry.
- In line with Soviet precedent, priority in investment was given to heavy industry, followed by light industries, with agriculture last.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.