In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Químicametal pesado masculino
- Other fish caught around the once heavily industrialised coasts of Scotland have been found to contain large quantities of heavy metals.
- Severe corrosion may occur in neutral solutions of salts of heavy metals, such as copper, iron and nickel.
- Of course, the technique will eventually be expanded to other heavy metals as well.
- For shallow soil contamination, heavy metals can be stabilized in place.
- Important heavy metals emitted by traffic and industry are lead and copper.
- The slow growth rate is thought to enhance the absorption of heavy metals like copper and cobalt from sea water.
- Toxic wastes can include such material as heavy metals or radioactive material.
- Contamination with lead and other heavy metals is also a possible danger.
- The north of the region is known to contain large deposits of uranium and heavy metals, and the south has copper and oil.
- They also evaluated its ability to stem soil and groundwater contamination by nutrients and heavy metals.
- It is especially effective in removing heavy metals from the body such as mercury and palladium.
- A potential issue arises from the fact that some fish may also contain relatively high levels of toxic heavy metals.
- Despite improvements in emission levels, incinerators still pump out dioxins, heavy metals and acid gases into our atmosphere.
- I have seen the treatment in various stages, and I think that it works to rid the body of mercury and other heavy metals.
- The herbs showed no evidence of contamination by heavy metals or fungi.
- In a number of investigations authors have suggested and provided evidence for the adsorption of heavy metals onto the surface of iron plaques.
- Coal-burning power plants release large amounts of heavy metals, such as mercury.
- Incineration of waste fuel oils without abatement leads to a massive increase in the emissions of heavy metals, especially nickel and vanadium.
- Because they are poisonous, heavy metals are sometimes referred to as toxic metals.
- For example, tobacco plants can absorb heavy metals, mercury, copper, and lead.
2Músicaheavy (metal) masculinorock duro masculino
- The two play rough, loud, drunken heavy metal fans, with little or no interest in gainful employment.
- A huge horror fan, he also likes heavy metal music and plays guitar in a band.
- Before I had went to bed last night he was blasting some heavy metal rock music.
- We are being invaded by hard rock, acid rock, punk rock, new wave, and heavy metal music under the guise of religious rock and roll.
- It is a psychedelic homage to the band's heavy metal roots in the early years.
- There was a computer, posters of heavy metal bands, clothes scattered on the floor, and the scent of cologne.
- This means hardcore fans of British heavy metal can finally get some respect.
- I don't think any heavy metal band even plays 28 different notes total in a concert.
- We've convinced everyone that we're one of the best heavy metal bands in the world, we don't know how we did it.
- They have been smart enough to roll with the changes while staying true to their hard rock and heavy metal tunes.
- In fact, fans of gangsta rap or heavy metal are often more timid and shy than other kids, he says.
- Around me, hard rock and heavy metal and elaborate rap music mixed and blared into one loud noise in these streets.
- I woke up to the sounds of rolling thunder banging on my eardrums like some heavy metal band.
- Arnett viewed adolescents' preference for heavy metal music as being related to alienation.
- It will appeal to fans of all rock and heavy metal bands, and will also stock some items of interest to goths.
- The first band was heavy metal, and a substantial mosh pit grew out from the center of the room.
- So you have this heavy metal band, right, and they split up acrimoniously.
- The darkness, not to mention the immaturity, seems an essential element for heavy metal bands.
- Another family of Goths - heavy metal fans who wear entirely black outfits - lay side by side in their five-man tent.
- Contained herein is a list of female members of heavy metal bands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.