In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Deportemasculino peso pesadoa political/literary/industrial heavyweight — un peso pesado de la política/literatura/industria
1Deporte(boxer/wrestler) de la categoría de los pesos pesados(title) de los pesos pesados
- Tyson hits like no other heavyweight, so when you get hit the first time, it is like a shock to your system.
- I figured I don't have to go out there and be a high-flying junior heavyweight.
- In a fight full of trash-talking and taunting, Jones appeared tired early, and said having to lose weight to come down from heavyweight took its toll.
- There is a part of me that finds it hard to believe because Ali took it to the body better than any heavyweight ever.
- It's supposed to be a fight between the best light heavyweight in the world and the 25th heavyweight in the world.
- His record equals that of his older brother, Stephen, who dominated the domestic scene as a super-heavyweight and heavyweight.
- The boxers set a brisk pace for heavyweights, both relying on speed of hand and continual movement.
- Dolan's selection had been criticised in some quarters as he was stepped up to super heavyweight after winning three successive ABA titles at heavyweight but his ring skills are beyond doubt.
- But there are heavyweight champions I think that, even as a middleweight, I could have beaten.
- The greatest event in sports is world heavyweight boxing.
- The other heavyweights know that they probably won't be hurt or knocked out by him, just humiliated.
- Then again, with today's heavyweights that does make him a contender.
- But here we're talking heavyweights and neither fighter is exciting to watch, as is most of the rest of that weight class.
- He was boxing for six or seven years and during that time was national senior champion five times in all, three times at heavyweight and twice at super heavy weight.
- There were three men's divisions: lightweight, heavyweight and open.
- That would be Walker's farewell fight in heavyweight and his career began to slide.
- He has not boxed competitively since losing his World Boxing Council version of the world heavyweight title to Mike Tyson in 1995.
- The two heavyweights shook hands and spoke for a few moments.
- Like another heavyweight, Mike Tyson, Campbell's best days came as a young man.
- In 1916, in front of 30,000 people in Barcelona, he fought heavyweight champion Jack Johnson, who knocked him out in the sixth round.
- The World's allow one entrant per division per country, while the World Games are one men's lightweight, middleweight and heavyweight per continent.
- The life of luxury has its cost, and former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson says he can't afford it anymore.
- It was because they weren't heavyweights, and to expect them to compete with the heavyweight champion, who held the premier title in boxing, was ludicrous.
- He also happens to be a two-time world heavyweight boxing champ.
- Where must it be ranked among the great clashes between light heavyweights and heavyweights?
- There is wrestling with college kids at Fresno State, where he was an All-American junior heavyweight.
- The German was world heavyweight boxing champion from 1930-32.
- The point is that we really don't know how to evaluate him when matched with a top tier heavyweight.
- Jones would be best advised to take on small heavyweights if he wants to compete against the big boys, which is where the money is.
- And before that, you were the heavyweight boxing champion of the world, am I right?
- And high on the wall he spotted the framed pair of boxing trunks worn and signed by world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis.
- I'm a light heavyweight, but this guy looked well over heavyweight and his tattoos made him look like a statue desecrated by graffiti.
- The former European heavyweight boxing champion wears his championship medals round his neck, lest anyone should forget.
- Susana Alonso, Women's World Amateur heavyweight winner, made beautiful posing music with Armando Villa to take the top prize.
- The fighter once regarded as the most talented heavyweight, Mike Tyson, has become better known for doing violence outside the ring than in it.
- Burns was one of top three heavyweights at the time and certainly was the best white heavyweight when Jackson fought him.
- As most people know, I'm not a big fan of the heavyweights, as they are not only boring for the most-part, but slow moving.
- This allows smallish heavyweights to gradually move up without putting their careers at risk, in particular early in their careers.
- It exceeded all the heavyweight fights this year.
- There was a period in the 90s when Nelson held the World Boxing Federation heavyweight title.
2(of fabric)(denim/cotton) grueso y resistente
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.