In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is perfectly realistic to imagine a helical arrangement of straight molecules, as already assumed.
- On the negative side, I really didn't care for the helical magazine system.
- As the tissue is heated, triple helical molecules rewind, shrinking the collagen fibers.
- There is also continued debate about whether they should be straight or helical, and about how best, mechanically, to align and attach them.
- The helical regions of the molecule are often quite variable in sequence.
- Upon absorption of light, the kinked helix is relaxed into a normal helical conformation.
- The helical axis fluctuated to a limited extent about this average angle throughout the rest of the sampling period.
- The helical bias can result from an intrinsic tendency for curvature in chain direction.
- The presence of more than the expected number of signals indicated the existence of multiple helical forms.
- A common arrangement is the positioning of single leaves spirally up the stem, which can sometimes form a striking helical pattern in the shoot apex.
- This serves as the starting point for optimization of the helices in the helical bundle.
- If a voltage is placed across the display, the helical shape is lost.
- These interactions are asymmetrically distributed about and along the helical axis.
- Solid boxes show the relative positions of two predicted helical structures.
- There also will be some historical notes about the helical screw and a review of the main methods for making threads in wood.
- The secret, as the world now knows, lay in the double helical structure of DNA.
- The helical axis was tilted by an angle of 35° with respect to the central plane.
- It described his proposal for a different type of helical structure, which he called the helix.
- However, the general helical nature of the hook and filament are similar.
- Our models were deliberately developed to maintain most of the helical secondary structure of the crystals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.