In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pista de aterrizaje para helicópteros femenino
- A helicopter conveying three men touched down on a helipad.
- The helicopter landed at the same helipad as it had first taken off from with Will and John.
- Depending on the weather, the winner will either fly from Humberside Airport aboard the ship's own Lynx helicopter and land on the deck helipad, or board the vessel from the Humber pilot's boat as it greets the warship.
- My husband woke me when it was time for us to board our helicopter and it was back to the helipad for us with a huge bunch of excellent memories of the day.
- In one corner was a helipad, on which a black helicopter sat.
- The helipad came into view and the helicopter quickly landed.
- North Yorkshire's air ambulance was moved from its usual base at Leeds Bradford Airport to the helipad at Scarborough District hospital for the weekend because of the anticipated number of visitors to the coast.
- Cape Clear Island, one of the last large islands in Ireland without a helipad is to have a helicopter pad to cater for both day and night time landings.
- Presently, the helipad is designed to handle the government-owned twin-engine equipped helicopters.
- Since a helipad is already being readied, landing is not a problem.
- Yes, well then, there's a helicopter waiting on the helipad to take you to Hawaii.
- It also has a helicopter and a helipad to ensure immediate mobility of the staff.
- Before the June 5 opening of the new facility, there were 265 authorized private helipads in the state of Florida and just two public-use heliports, only one of which was in a downtown area.
- There will be a helicopter landing area or a helipad to allow continued helicopter operations during and after the airstrip project.
- These privileged persons arrive with families and hangers-on in helicopters, which land them at a helipad near the Park entrance, all at the taxpayer's expense.
- The helipad was on an elevated platform, but as the helicopter came down it created a wind that caused an outward blow of the dusty ground around the platform.
- But what the surveillance plans had in them was some scouting or reconnaissance of heliports and helipads in New York.
- the guard at the helipad tried to stop Snake from reaching the helicopter.
- The Hi-tech City project has proposals for an independent helipad with a super highway connecting with the airport and Electronic City.
- The helicopter can fly from critically situated landing spots in adverse climates and from roof helipads in densely populated areas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.