1(greeting)¡hola!hello, stranger! — ¡hola! ¿qué haces tú por aquí?
- say hello to your parents for me — (dales) saludos / recuerdos a tus padres
- A man standing in line at the check-out counter of a grocery store was surprised when an attractive woman behind him said hello.
- If you haven't met Joy yet, pop over to her site and say hello!
- Ships' horns toot, children wave and call hello, and every morning you're awakened by the haunting call of the muezzin from some distant village mosque.
- ‘Oh, hello,’ she'd said to Brett, evidently surprised to see him standing in her kitchen with her daughter.
- It was a pleasant surprise when Sheila Sheridan came over to say hello.
- The next day when Daniel came in, she started the normal conversation of ‘Hello, how are you?’ ‘Fine, and you?’
- I thought it summed up what I wanted to say and it also is a way to say hello!
- I haven't seen her in over a year, and yesterday she just strolls casually up to me and says hello!
- Quentin is surprised to see Maggie, and says hello.
- So Bob, if you are out there, drop in and say hello!
- Tlingit people do not use such greetings as hello, good-bye, good afternoon, or good evening.
- She whispered hello, then began to make her way to her room, where she hoped to take a nap.
- Logan didn't say hello, but I hadn't expected a greeting.
- But we had a surprise in store for Caroline when we said hello after the show.
- But instead of a normal greeting like saying hello or something, they hugged.
- ‘Hullo, hullo!’ the first one exclaimed brightly.
- Ric's upset when he finds out that Alf returned from the USA the day before and didn't even say hello!
- I was stunned and I said I'm surprised anyone says hello to me ever in the mall or in the store after reading that.
- ‘Oh, hello,’ she said acting surprised to see the four boys staring at her.
- He was a little surprised since he had already said hello to her that morning.
2(answering the telephone)síaló América del Surdiga Españadígame Españabueno Méxicoolá Río de la Plata
- I yelled hello upstairs as I began to head up to see if I could help Mrs. Bishop out.
4Britanico(expressing surprise, puzzlement)¡pero bueno!hello! what's this doing on my desk? — ¿qué hace esto en mi escritorio?
- My second thought is, hello, it's still snowing!
- And hello, what is this and why haven't I heard about it before?
- When their eyes met, she grinned wickedly in an informal hello.
- Colin Spencer still stood by the desk no one signed in at; and he still smiled and nodded his hellos and goodbyes to every oblivious face that passed him by as though he was host to this year's biggest A-list birthday bash.
- Instead, she found herself surrounded by well-dressed, accomplished individuals offering English hellos, hot coffee and fresh pastries.
- He half-heartedly nodded his greetings at several gentlemen who'd yelled their hellos to him from across the room, but he was too driven to stop.
- They nodded their hellos, Lisa heading straight for business.
- It is extraordinary how much can be achieved when you put enthusiasm into a routine task, a special project or a simple hello or conversation.
- Riley slowly made her way to the bar greeting various friends and classmates with smiles and brief hellos.
- I received a few sympathetic smiles and polite hellos.
- He led her to the elevators, nodding hellos to various service people in the lobby.
- It wasn't unusual for her to get happy hellos and welcoming grins, but today was different.
- After a couple of polite hellos and a social drink, excuses were made and a wave of relief washed over everyone as they shut the car door.
- With little more than a hello, I began to reread the letter that was in my hand.
- The band members chuckled at me, nodded their hellos, and went back to warming up.
- Suddenly I noticed that my hellos in Thai were returned with a wrinkled-up nose and avoidance.
- They sauntered past us and nodded their hellos in our general direction.
- In the midst of a long round of hellos and goodbyes, the European Commissioner responsible for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries has been in fighting form over all the issues that matter to him.
- Waving polite hellos, I pretended to listen into what was turning out to be a very boring conversation about stocks and bonds.
- My local Chinese shop owner always greets me with a big smile and a friendly hello!
- We didn't get the chance to get together this visit, but we had nice phone conversation and a waved hello.
- When our paths just crossed, we gave polite hellos and tight-lipped smiles and then continued on our ways.