In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(in will)por el presente testamentoI hereby pronounce you man and wife — los declaro marido y mujer formal
- we, the undersigned, do hereby renounce … — los abajo firmantes venimos en renunciar a …
- I hereby solicit trout recipes from all and sundry, starting with the German Guests.
- I hereby make a vow, not to cheat, but to win quizzes here on in on my wit and intelligence alone, forbearing all use of my fox-like cunning.
- For the harsh language, for the questioning of your art warrior status, and for the ban, which I hereby lift.
- I no longer need them so I'm hereby setting them free to be happy in the world somewhere that I am not.
- Those of you grazing in from InstaPundit are hereby welcomed and encouraged to poke around.
- In case there is, I hereby volunteer to preside over confessions.
- Nathan, I hereby denounce you and those filthy words you wrote, no matter what they were.
- Boris… I, too, hereby announce my complete refusal to play ball with this ID card nonsense.
- Fans of Sandover are hereby challenged to show how parts two and three don't fit these patterns.
- In Parliamentary tradition, I hereby refer the honourable gentleman to the answer the free market gave some moments ago.
- We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP 195.132. 116.228.
- In the end John's position ain't gonna change, and neither is mine, so I hereby declare peace.
- If anyone is taking nominations for the Prince of Procrastination, I hereby humbly submit myself to the competition.
- I'm hereby resolving to go sew up the tiny tear as soon as I'm finished with this, in hopes that you'll do the same.
- I hereby declare that I consent to all of the following terms and conditions.
- We hereby put the PM on notice that we wish to join his medical team and effect a miracle with our cure.
- I hereby witness the signing of this document by the above named in my presence.
- It's time for a policy of containment, which I hereby revise to include a blockade.
- So I hereby absolve myself of guilt should he ever read this.
- By way of protest, I hereby offer to anyone who wants it my assistance in setting up a Blogspot Blog.
2(in letters)por la presente formal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.