In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Seriously, there's no better way aside from a doctor's latex ensheathed hand in the darker, tenderer areas of your person to assess your hernias and would-be hernias.
- Many types of hernias occur in the abdominal area.
- An abdominal examination showed no abnormality apart from an umbilical hernia.
- Umbilical hernias, omphaloceles, and gastroschisis usually are apparent on gross inspection.
- In some cases, hypermobility can lead to hernias, varicose veins, flat arched feet, foot ache or backache.
- Men are five times more likely than women to develop inguinal hernias, which are hernias in the groin and the most common.
- Umbilical or inguinal hernias are associated with a number of known genetic conditions.
- Rather than making two separate incisions - one over each hernia - the surgeon can repair both hernias using the same three small incisions to insert the laparoscopic instruments.
- Laparoscopic procedures result in fewer wound complications and incision hernias than traditional abdominal surgery.
- The pain can also result from structural conditions, such as localized endometriosis or rectus sheath hematoma, or from incisional or other abdominal wall hernias.
- A hernia means protrusion of the content of the abdomen, through a weak defect in the abdominal wall.
- Reputable pediatric surgeons do not repair simple umbilical hernias in 5-week old infants.
- Men younger than 18 years, those with recurrent or incarcerated herniae, and those with scrotal diseases (tumor, orchitis) were excluded from the study.
- In addition to the familiar inguinal, femoral and umbilical hernias, a number of unusual hernias can occur.
- An inguinal hernia is a groin hernia that is caused by a weak spot where the thigh joins the lower stomach.
- The main treatment is surgery, designed to replace the protruded part and to repair the weakness in the wall so preventing further hernias.
- Crisis intervention makes intuitive sense to physicians and surgeons used to myocardial infarcts and obstructed hernias.
- Patients with painful non-urgent conditions such as hernias, varicose veins, cataracts and hip and knee replacements are instead paying for their own care to avoid the crippling wait for free treatment on the NHS.
- Later complications include incisional hernias, wound infections, and vitamin deficiencies.
- An umbilical hernia occurs when part of the intestine protrudes through a weakness in the abdominal wall at the navel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.