In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suyosuyasuyossuyasall that is hers — todo eso es suyo / de ella
- hers is blue — el suyo/la suya es azul
- that habit of hers — esa costumbre que tiene
- a friend of hers — un amigo suyo / de ella
- She was telling me about a neighbour of hers who has a cat that she treats like it is her child.
- Well, the only way I know is to make sure you keep busy in your field and she is busy in hers.
- The money would be hers, even if his heart would never belong to her again, Kiki vowed.
- I'm afraid that in my case the reasons are not as connected to world history as they are in hers.
- If this book bears the imprimatur of one person above any other, it is undoubtedly hers.
- Dominic smiled and said he'd love to meet any friend of hers, but inside his heart was dying.
- He has a similar warmth to Keyes, but his manner is as still as hers is frenetic.
- Jennings said they were hers and the lance corporal apologised and put them down again.
- As his wife fell into a dark world of despair, Adom felt his emotions mirror hers.
- My daughter looks at my marriage and says she wants mum and dad to arrange hers.
- The meat was good quality and tasty, indeed, so good that one of our group ended up eating hers raw.
- However tough it seems, this decision has to be the pregnant woman's and hers alone.
- Nor did she realise that a male colleague had given up his leave so she could have hers.
- Just as his lips were about to meet hers, she turned her face to the side and the kiss landed on her cheek.
- The first report was a mere listener ringing up about a horrified letter a friend of hers had sent her.
- His eyes met hers, but she got the feeling that he wasn't looking at her, but past her at the wall.
- My legs could not keep up with hers despite me having some leeway on the rope.
- Although she does have a nanny and a supportive husband who downgraded his career to help hers.
- What she then decided to do is what sets her story apart from so many others like hers.
- When she came round for the party and saw I had put my cake rather than hers on the table, she exploded.
The translation suyo reflects the gender and number of the noun it is standing for. hers is translated by el suyo, la suya, los suyos, las suyas, depending on what is being referred to.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.