In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de alta frecuencia
- The tests involve measuring magnetic properties of molecules in the blood samples using high-frequency radio waves.
- We've added a high-frequency radio to improve communications.
- A recent study found evidence of high-frequency hearing loss in nearly one third of a cohort of college students.
- There appeared to be no more need for high-frequency radio because of all the modern communications technologies.
- Customers can bring their battery-operated laptops and access the internet via high-frequency radio signals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.