In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(officer) de alto rango(official) alto(official) de alta jerarquía
- I suspect there was only a very small number of high-ranking sources in Iraq.
- Mr. Rafsanjani traveled over the weekend to the northeastern city of Mashad to discuss the postelection political crisis with high-ranking Shiite clerics.
- Some people insisted on the ` correct ' versions given by high ranking officials.
- We know that a lot of them have been in the north where the Kurds are, but we don't know how high-ranking they are.
- Collaborative work received the highest ranking by the survey respondents.
- Several of the prime suspects, accused by human rights groups of masterminding the violence, are high-ranking government ministers.
- Even at her vice presidential level, Lindsey invited the highest ranking woman at Northern Trust for coffee and discovered they had mutual interests.
- Had she won Williams would have risen to a world career high ranking of third.
- They pushed them through "captive audience" meetings with high ranking BHP managers.
- The court martial highlighted confusion among high-ranking military officers about whether conditioning was lawful or not.
- Community leaders have praised Davis for trying to instill more confidence by replacing several high-ranking officials.
- This included cubs belonging to high-ranking females, who were presumably well nourished at the time of their mother's death.
- The French government decided to send several high-ranking members to the alternative social summit in Porto Alegre, Brazil instead of New York.
- The following year, it was hit by a corruption scandal involving illegal payments to Kohl and high-ranking party officials.
- It may seem difficult, if not impossibly perverse, to justify the highest ranking for a record of solo contrabass improvisations.
- Iran's foreign minister says he's optimistic about tomorrow's sit-down with the State Department's third highest ranking diplomat William Burns.
- Comments quoted in our publication by a high-ranking police officer a couple of weeks ago made me stop and think.
- I imagine that goes for several other high ranking officials as well.
- The first session was attended by U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and other high-ranking foreign delegates amid tight security.
- Another school, for higher ranking officers, ran from 3 to 6 months.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.