In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alta costura femenino
- Today, it is the centre of eclectic high fashion and functional art, as well as an oasis of designer pubs, cafes and restaurants.
- London is in the midst of its ‘Fashion Week,’ and designer Katharine Hamnett has once again brought politics to the world of high fashion.
- H & M sells over 500 million items annually, attracting consumers with high fashion and low prices.
- It concerns itself not with the high culture of Rome or the high fashion of Milan, but rather with the everyday life of the provincial Italian.
- French names like Chanel, Dior and Givenchy have long been synonymous with high fashion, just as American companies have been known for their management prowess.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.