In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salto de altura masculinosalto alto masculino América Latina
- Her weekend began in the best possible way with personal bests in her two weakest events, the 80m hurdles and the high jump.
- Coomber has competed at amateur level in both the high jump and long jump but never the pole vault.
- He was very athletic and good at the high jump and long jump.
- He won gold medals in the long jump and the high jump and rounded off a marvellous display by taking bronze in the 60m sprint.
- Rhodes went on to win both the long jump and high jump.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.