1sumo sacerdote masculino
- It was the only day in the Jewish calendar when the high priest could enter the innermost room of the temple - the most holy place.
- Jerusalem itself was governed by the Jewish high priest, who was responsible to a Roman prefect.
- Mark 14: 66-72 records how, in the court of the high priest, Peter three times denied that he was a disciple of Jesus.
- Inside, behind a great curtain, is the Holy of Holies, where the high priest, like Moses before him, communes with the Lord.
- The two main characters involved in Jesus's death are Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor, and Caiaphas, the Jewish high priest.