1also highlandstierras altas femeninoaltiplanicie femenino
- Both regions enjoy long hot summers and, apart from highland areas like the Cevennes and Pyrennees, mild winters.
- Rice is the staple food except among those in highland areas where rice is difficult to grow.
- The foundation of the Bolivian diet in the Andean highlands or altiplano is the potato.
- These species occur mainly in montane forests and grasslands in the south-eastern highlands of the country.
- These insects are found in rain forests, highlands, and deserts such as the Persian Gulf.
- Most Spanish speakers live in the Pacific lowlands and central highlands.
- Many areas of both the highlands and the lowlands supported very dense populations prior to the Roman invasion.
- The Okavango River rises in the highlands of Angola and flows inland, never to reach the sea.
- In some parts of the highlands, villages are separated by valleys and mountain ridges.
- The central highland region is temperate, and nights can get chilly.
- The Pech and Jicaque people live in some of the more remote areas in the central highlands.
- The highland regions were absorbed into the Incan Empire less than a hundred years before the Spanish conquest in 1532.
- The traditional homeland of the Amhara people is the central highland plateau of Ethiopia.
- In the south-east the land rises from the Sambre-Meuse valley to the highlands of the Ardennes.
- The first stop on the tourist route out of the city is the hill town of Dalat in the southern central highlands.
- The highlands have rugged terrain that is difficult to cultivate.
- The topography is a mix of central highlands and peripheral foothills and plains.
- Up here, where the road climbed into the highlands, the land was barren.
- The coastal population is thinly clustered in villages, but over one-third of the total population live in highland valleys.
- It lives in arid and semi-arid areas with little vegetation, preferring highlands and rocky landscapes.
2the Highlands — las tierras altas
1de las tierras altas
2Highland(in Scotland)(clan/glen) de las Highlands(clan/glen) de los Highlands(clan/glen) de las tierras altas de Escocia