In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the Hippocratic oath — el juramento hipocrático / de Hipócrates
- Oh, and the beauty is that according to the Hippocratic oath I should've left you the samples alone and let myself die.
- But there should also be a community organizers' version of the Hippocratic oath: ‘First, do no harm.’
- It is embodied in the Hippocratic oath and in the ethical codes of virtually all health-related professions.
- Of all the institutes that swear oaths, only three use the classic Hippocratic oath.
- He remained out of loyalty to his Hippocratic oath.
- I cannot believe that a surgeon who performs an operation with which he or she is not happy is fulfilling the Hippocratic oath.
- So I think that was the first - it's like the Hippocratic oath with doctors: First, do no harm.
- That is the central imperative of the Hippocratic oath, traditionally taken by doctors across the Western world.
- ‘Do no harm,’ the Hippocratic oath tells doctors.
- The best known written code for practitioners, drawn up by insiders, is the Hippocratic oath.
- This may sound odd if your vision of medical ethics is the application to medicine of the Hippocratic oath.
- It is perhaps a strange quirk of the Hippocratic oath that doctors can judge what is in our best interests.
- The very Hippocratic oath contains a clause speaking out against abortion.
- The best known of these were enshrined in the Hippocratic oath.
- I never expected to be treated like this and I just think that a doctor who takes the Hippocratic oath has to act in his patients' best interests.
- Have the Hippocratic oath or the Ten Commandments been validated?
- He also wrote an alternative Hippocratic oath, now recited by Tufts and other graduates.
- I shook hands with the dean, swore the Hippocratic oath, signed up with the Medical Defence Union, and went to a party.
- ‘You will treat me like any other patient who walks through that door, as per your Hippocratic oath.’
- First, it is often mistakenly thought to be part of the Hippocratic oath, an assertion that I see made regularly in the lay press.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.