1(relating to past events, people)históricothere is some historical evidence to believe that … — hay bases históricas para creer que …
- the greatest earthquake in historical times — el mayor terremoto de la historia
- a historical novel — una novela histórica
- Years ago, authors used to take their time about writing about historical figures.
- Why should it be illegal to deny the existence of a historical event we all know took place?
- Also, it is based more on historical developments than on religious teachings.
- Many address recognizable contemporary events and the broad historical dynamics of cultural change.
- You also console yourself with the knowledge that these are historical artefacts from a bygone era.
- To that end, Grass says they're playing the archetypes rather than the historical figures.
- Further insight can be gained by studying the historical development of an author's thought.
- Without it, York's historical fabric would have been ruined and its retail heart irreparably damaged.
- Until recently, the subject was studied as historical periods rather than particular units.
- He said another important concern involves the two warships' historical background.
- I'm sure that historical religious figures would be annoyed by all the din produced today.
- As with all great historical figures, the myth is both powerful and pervasive.
- The work opens up the world of this historical people, namely the ancient Greeks.
- We begin with an analysis of the historical development of British industrial relations.
- We urge tram workers and all those looking for a way forward to turn to a study of these vital historical lessons.
- Ellroy pioneered the introduction of real historical figures and episodes into his novels.
- Contemporary historical sociology is concerned above all with how the state has developed since the Middle Ages.
- Belief in a religion is belief in an idea and in particular historical figures whether Muhammad, Christ or Joseph Smith.
- Studies based on historical records are necessarily limited in the kinds of questions they can answer.
- Our cast list expanded to include historical figures remembering the distant rather than the recent past.
- Do you have a favourite place, food, drink or historical figure in Bulgaria that you will also remember?
- There's a speculative component to attempting to do diagnoses on historical figures.
- But she says her love of the ancient sport traced back to a family passion for historical weaponry.
- This article is based on analysis of historical and contemporary data, including interviews and site visits.
- This may be due to the constant reminiscing of certain horrendous historical events.
- Backed by a wealth of material, the book revealed in detail the historical facts concerning these events.
- The burial ground of some of the area's leading historical figures is regularly the scene of attacks.
- It is, supposedly, new and different and it would be inappropriate to set every event in its historical context.
- The burial ground of some of Carlow's leading historical figures is regularly the scene of attacks.
- The actors discuss the challenges of playing recognisable historical figures.
- We give a little historical background to these events in our article Babylonian mathematics.
- The version presented here is based on United Nations historical documentations.
- The girl will also tell the important historical events in India in the last 500 years.
- Two historical figures, then, standout as examples and mentors for us today.
- For the practitioner, it presents a landscape of historical figures that have made their mark.
- It is not easy to get inside the head of a real-life historical figure but Galloway has accomplished this with absolute ease.
- Second, Coerver and Hall exhibit a knack for casting recent events in historical perspective.
- Only later is the full historical significance of the event clearly evident.
- They do not have the same concerns about historical objectivity that professional historians do.
- The audience surveys a melange of imaginary figures, and historical ones both famous and obscure.
2(factual, true)históricoit's a historical fact that … — es un hecho histórico que …
- the historical Jesus — Jesús, el personaje histórico
- a historical reenactment of the battle — una representación históricamente fidedigna de la batalla
3(related to history)(atlas/research/study) históricothe historical method — el método histórico
4uso criticadohistoric, historical