In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(assassin)asesino a sueldo masculinosicario masculino
- People in the criminal community began to believe that I was a hit man, and then I began to be solicited for murders.
- A short time later Hooks is murdered by a Triad hit man.
- A professional hit man is killing the team one by one.
- Why did Justice help defend a hit man in California who killed a man while in the witness protection program?
- One's alleged to have hired down a police informer as a hit man, and they give him bail.
- I'll snap his neck if you don't tell me why you are trying to kill us by sending hit men after us.
- But her world turned upside down when she discovered her husband's mistress had hired a hit man to kill her.
- Rippner reveals himself as a hit man assigned to kill the Head of Homeland Security in his hotel suite.
- This does not seem enough to prompt the queen to hire a hit man to kill him.
- You don't absolve yourself of murder by hiring a hit man.
- How I wished for that million from Shorty in order to hire a hit man to kill the annoying guy who said that.
- Each chapter deals with a particular aspect of crime, such as highwaymen or hit men, drugs, prisons, and so forth.
- The reputed leader of the Russian drug trade, a man named Kostanon, was murdered by a Russian hit man on Soi 2.
- When Giba and Ivan have their business partner murdered, the hit man proves far more difficult to remove from their lives.
- The indictment alleges that Blake attempted to hire several hit men to kill his wife, Bonny Bakley, and when that failed, killed her himself.
- There are hit men, murderers, philanderers, thieves, betrayers, and other assorted riff-raff.
- The police believe Gilbank was killed by a professional hit man.
- I planned on hiring a hit man to kill Maki after I receive my payment.
- Anybody that lives in this cold city can tell you that ‘gang-land’ means mafia; Italian mob, hit men, wise guys, and Marlin Brando.
- Then he falsified an email, from an anonymous person, informing him that hit men killed his family.
2(ruthless man)hombre duro masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.