In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(home of bees)colmena femenino
- To restock the hive would cost around £50 and the entire crop of honey, worth about £140, is also useless.
- A swarm of bees arrived in Derrybeg last Sunday and decided to make a hive in a chimney pot in Third Avenue.
- Move slowly, especially through overhanging vegetation and brush, to avoid disturbing nests and hives.
- Whether you have your own hive or you pick up honey in the store, below are some ideas on how you can use this sweetener.
- The bees raise the virgin queens until mature at which time the beekeeper transfers them into a small hive called a nucleus.
- Now, farmers have introduced more innovatively designed hives from Germany while still making the hive out of local wood.
- I'm just trying to locate exactly where the hive's at.
- When I throw this rock at the hive, we both have to run straight at the hive and scoop it up into the shirt.
- If you overwinter your hive, don't harvest all the honey from the hive.
- They were transferred to a hive and then taken out to Kent.
- Two market executive members - Ron Rudiak and Tom Fast each have a table selling honey, fresh from the hive.
- He arrives with a special poison and pours it into the hive.
- The hum from the hive rises threateningly when it is disturbed.
- In addition, nonhumans would own what they build, such as hives and nests.
- In the winter they have no use, and are expelled from the hive.
- Enjoy nature and learn from the flight of birds, the green of the trees, the insects that carry life with them to the hive.
- However, when fully ‘sealed over’ and ripened in the hive, the honey acquired its characteristic taste and flavour.
- A soldier ran up and fired shots at it until it dropped the hive and ran off into the forest.
- The brick was not dropped on top of the hive because there were height differences between the source colony hives.
- Regardless, I scooped more up from the hive and scoffed them down.
(bee colony)enjambre masculino
- The state has 440,000 bee hives and beekeepers from other states drive their hives in each year to supplement them.
- But they are my responsibility, and it's always heartbreaking if a hive dies out.
- Such social hymenoptera may live together in nests or hives of many thousands of individuals, all descended form a single queen.
- The fly then emerges from its host, ready to infect other members of the hive.
- I know Morrissey sounds like he's trying to swallow a hive of honeybees, but this is a fantastic live album.
- One hive, he said, could produce 300 hives in three years.
- Still the pod drew nearer to the hive and risked entering the swarm.
2(busy place)the workshop was a hive of activity — el taller bullía de actividad
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.