In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1turista masculinomasculino veraneante
- As part of the Italian Riviera, the entire coastline is a haven for holidaymakers both local and from across Europe.
- St Kitts is a popular destination for holidaymakers, who are drawn by its stunning beaches and tropical forests.
- The worrying thing for holidaymakers and travel agents is the cut back on flights by major tour operators.
- And a travel expert will be on hand to advise future holidaymakers of where to visit in Spain.
- He also realised that a growing number of holidaymakers were travelling independently and would need transport.
- Travel agents think the new services will prove helpful for holidaymakers.
- Both companies have promised holidaymakers that they will be able to reschedule their vacations at no extra charge.
- This is one of the most popular tourist destinations for domestic US holidaymakers.
- Southern Italy has much to offer the holidaymaker.
- Table Mountain draws local holidaymakers as well as tourists from the four corners of the globe.
- Small guesthouses which rely on a steady flow of holidaymakers were hit when footpaths were closed to ramblers in the spring.
- The holidaymakers had been on a tour to Germany.
- Until now, holidaymakers have been forced to travel a day earlier via Heathrow or other hub airports to get to Florida.
- We have been very busy lately with holidaymakers from all over the UK.
- In August it is crammed with holidaymakers, and all the usual paraphernalia of a Mediterranean sunspot.
- They said there was minimal disruption, although holidaymakers faced much longer baggage check queues.
- The pilot told the holidaymakers that he had not encountered anything like the storm in 20 years of flying.
- More than 150 firefighters tackled the blaze in an area popular with walkers and holidaymakers.
- More than a third of holidaymakers are opting for tourist attractions in the UK and the number is expected to increase.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.