In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cabeza de ganado holandés o frisón EEUU(cow) vaca holandesa femenino
- The farmer says the Holstein's fodder must be of high quality.
- His winning Holstein cow snatched the prize for the supreme cattle champion.
- With a combined total of 25,000 Holstein cows including replacement heifers, Braum's owns its own milking herd of 10,000 cows.
- Twenty-three hundred Holstein cattle were maintained at the dairy with 1300 cows milked three times daily.
- He once had a conventional dairy with 40 Holsteins in a stall barn.
- Cheese is huge business in a town where the community of Holsteins and Jerseys rivals the human population in size, where the high school's team name is the Cheesemakers.
- Crossbreeding refers to breeding different types of cows, like a Holstein and a Jersey.
- Still, most Wisconsin dairy producers favor Holsteins over Jerseys.
- Its 6,000 Holstein cattle loll in the sun waiting to be milked.
- Raw milk supply is not an issue - the company processes milk from its own herd of 1,300 Holsteins.
- Much of his collection deals with important livestock such as Holstein cattle and Yorkshire pigs.
- On the other side of a barbed wire fence, a herd of Holsteins turns its full attention to the noisy newcomers.
- Entries have been particularly strong in the Limousin and Holstein cattle breeds and in the Texel and Suffolk sheep categories.
- Cross-breeding Holstein dairy cows with Jerseys is boosting milk income on Pembrokeshire's spring calving farms.
- Without grain in summer, the Holsteins and Jerseys got too skinny.
- When he and his family came to Canada five years ago, they built a barn, acquired 80 Holsteins and got to work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.