In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuadrangular masculinohome run masculinojonrón masculino América Latina
- There have been just ten other center fielders who have hit 40 home runs in a single season.
- Bonds is the only player in major league to have hit 500 home runs and stolen 500 bases.
- Could you list the top three or four players who have hit the most home runs and stolen the most bases in the same season?
- It was quite a comedown for a former super star with 446 career major league home runs.
- Larry had hit a home run in that World Series game and Gromek had been the winning pitcher.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.