In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)ministro del Interior masculinoministra del Interior femenino
- The Home Secretary and the Government say it will cost the taxpayers less by doing this.
- It was not policy to reveal the whereabouts of the Home Secretary for security reasons.
- The decision of the Home Secretary was based on the fact that some crimes are so heinous as to justify life imprisonment.
- She tackled the unions, but appointed a series of ineffectual liberal Home Secretaries to tackle crime, and they failed.
- The Home Secretary seems to have genuinely missed the point of civil liberties.
- The weight of evidence against the Home Secretary now makes it seem unlikely that he can continue to hold on to his Cabinet post.
- He reported favourably to the new Home Secretary but it was too late.
- The Home Secretary has confirmed that the law on corporate manslaughter will, at long last, be changed.
- The Home Secretary bragged to the Labour Party conference this week that we now have more police than ever before.
- But what is the reaction of our Home Secretary to these tricky questions about free speech?
- The applicant was a Sikh activist whom the Home Secretary had ordered to be deported to India.
- The Home Secretary began asking about an application by Kliminowicz for political asylum.
- The judge said he would recommend to the Home Secretary that all three be deported after serving their sentences.
- The policy adopted by the Home Secretary is as set out in those documents.
- He is close to the Foreign Secretary and former Home Secretary, Jack Straw.
- The Liberal Democrat MEP is calling on the Home Secretary to clarify the situation.
- I think the Home Secretary wants to hang on to his executive powers and not give them up to judges.
- But now the Home Secretary has told him to leave the country in 28 days or risk deportation.
- On that basis, it has been agreed that the Home Secretary will refer the case back to the Parole Board for a fresh review.
- But the legislation does not allow the Home Secretary to make a British citizen stateless.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.