In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As a homeopath I am used to people assuming that I can use remedies almost like a magic wand to cure skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- The rivalry between medical approaches was less extreme in Canada, and historians such as Connor stress the relative tolerance and integrationist approach of homeopaths and allopathic practitioners in the Victorian period.
- Dozens of private homeopathy schools have recently opened, including several in Canada, and thousands of homeopaths are establishing private practices in North America.
- Homeopathic remedies are not only available from homeopaths, although ideally a qualified practitioner should be consulted for a specific, individual diagnosis.
- According to homeopaths, diluting medications and shaking the solutions makes the remedies less toxic and gives them more healing power.
- It is a generally accepted principal amongst the majority of homoeopaths.
- Whether the object of destruction by the medical monopoly be homeopaths, midwives, chiropractors, or internet prescribers, the purge is conducted in the same manner.
- Another way to help you get to the root of the problem is to find a qualified homeopath or medical herbalist.
- I have never heard of a homoeopath using potentised allergens to treat an allergy, although possibly in some cases this might be an effective treatment.
- She was immediately started on a course of chemotherapy and a friend advised her to seek treatment from a homeopath.
- In the early 19th century, doctors were eager to distinguish themselves from midwives and homeopaths, and embraced anatomy as a critical source of their exclusive knowledge.
- A herbalist, homoeopath and osteopath will also be on hand to answer questions.
- Today, it is widely accepted among doctors and homeopaths that some ingredients found in tea do have legitimate curative properties.
- She went to a naturopath, a homeopath, a shaman, a psychotherapist and a psychic.
- She had been prescribed this by her homeopath and it had helped a great deal but only gave symptomatic relief.
- Though critics maintain that homeopathic medicines are too diluted to be effective, homeopaths believe that smaller, more diluted doses are generally the most potent.
- We can practice in this way because for the past 200 years homoeopaths have been conducting experiments on healthy persons with substances derived from the mineral, plant and animal worlds.
- Medical knowledge held by homeopaths, folk healers of various kinds, midwives and other empirically based practitioners was considered authoritative by different parts of the population.
- Roselyn works with a team of other practitioners, including homeopaths, reflexologists and Indian head masseurs if she feels a patient needs something extra.
- In the course of the investigation, a series of letters was sent to alternative practitioners such as naturopaths, homeopaths, and herbologists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.