In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The other day I wanted to make a tropical salsa with pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, red onion and cilantro as a side dish.
- To choose a ripe honeydew, look for one with a creamy yellow rind that's a bit soft.
- Lutein is found in spinach, leeks, peas, kiwi fruits, black grapes and romaine lettuce, while rich sources of zeaxanthin include sweetcorn, red peppers, nectarines, papaya and honeydew melon.
- And it looked like a cucumber and tasted like a mild honeydew.
- But what they really want to eat is gammon steak, onion rings and honeydew melon.
- Frederick smiles calmly, and takes a honeydew melon and lays it on the table.
- Arrange a pyramid of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe rounds in the center and sprinkle with salt.
- When the farmer tried to diversify to honeydew melons for export, he was told by his prospective American client that the produce did not meet their specifications.
- Garnish with slice of honeydew melon and cherries.
- Nearby, vendors sell homegrown tomatoes, honeydew melons, apples, large southern cherries, as well as imported pineapples, oranges, and bananas.
- She stared languidly at him over her small serving of honeydew melon and toast.
- Sweetcorn, red peppers, nectarines, papaya and honeydew melon are good sources.
- Cap off the meal with a cup of cubed honeydew, cantaloupe or watermelon.
- Until the soil temperature is 65 degrees, you might as well not even bother planting watermelons, honeydew or muskmelons because the seeds just won't germinate.
- Choose a melon that's heavy and relatively firm, but not-rock hard (except for honeydew melons).
- When you discussed good sources of potassium you failed to mention honeydew melons.
- A cantaloupe doesn't have the smooth sheen of a honeydew or the artistic green striations of a watermelon.
- Sweet tooths will savour the slices of fresh cantaloupe, honeydew melon and pineapple that can be drizzled with melted chocolate sauce.
de pulpa verdosa muy dulce
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.