In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to be hopping mad — estar furioso
- she's hopping mad — está furiosa
- Anne Sutherland of The Montreal Gazette says Kangaroo Jack is ‘a hopping good time for the whole family!’
- As with all Spanish cities, Santander has a hopping nightlife scene.
- Throughout the night the dance floor was hopping with never a dull moment.
- Despite the remodeling going on in the bar, La Griglia was hopping at midday on Monday.
- By far the funkiest group of all at the march were the anti-globalization protestors and anarchists, who were accompanied by a hopping good percussion band.
- The Bay Area is a hopping landscape of free culture.
- Judging by the hopping weeknight traffic, he's right.
- I informed Hayden that, even if South Bend was a hopping college town, it was July and a very large portion of the college population would not even be around.
- Your social life will probably be hopping this year, and you're not one to sit around and wait for an invite.
- Things seems to be hopping everywhere but Cannes, however, where this year's Film Festival was reportedly as fun as Russell Crowe in clown make-up.
- However, IN & M UK chief executive Ivan Fallon said the telephone was hopping all day with expressions of interest in the titles.
- It was only ten in the morning but already the place was hopping with activity.
- Other late offers include seven nights in a complex near to Ibiza's hopping San Antonio for €389 per person in early September.
- This story, set in 1961, features several scenes that take place in a large hopping beauty of an alley.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.