In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This issue could become tremendously important with the increasing use of aromatase inhibitors instead of selective oestrogen receptor inhibitors as adjuvant hormonal treatment.
- Several other off-label methods exist for treating dysmenorrhea with hormonal contraceptives.
- Drugs, medications, hormonal imbalance, genetic conditions, and exogenous hormones can all cause gynaecomastia.
- It can be related to some underlying illness or perhaps to hormonal change after menopause.
- If weight loss continues despite attempts to maximize nutritional intake and optimize a patient's diet, a hormonal imbalance due to the stress response may be the cause.
- Often caused by a hormonal imbalance, menstrual cramps are common in teenagers and young women.
- This cycle, too, reflects unknown neural and hormonal interactions.
- With headings such as hormonal contraception, sterilisation, emergency contraception, the normal menstrual cycle, and the diagnosis of pregnancy, the book has plenty of material.
- With this pattern she would have avoided more than 200 menstrual cycles, reducing hormonal stress and risk to the ovaries and breasts.
- Neural and hormonal mechanisms mediate this tachycardia after arterial baroreceptors are stimulated.
- Acne has a complex aetiology, involving abnormal keratinisation, hormonal function, bacterial growth, and immune hypersensitivity.
- The changes in the property of cervical mucus is in response to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Overtreatment of multiple hormonal imbalances can cause central obesity and atherogenic and metabolic abnormalities.
- Our opinion was that there is no evidence that vigabatrin is a better treatment of infantile spasms than hormonal treatments, such as prednisolone and synthetic adrenocorticotrophic hormone preparations.
- The placenta forms from both embryonic and maternal tissues, and hosts an astonishing array of hormonal, nutritional, respiratory, excretory, and immunological functions.
- Participants also provided blood samples to evaluate hormonal profiles and semen samples for andrological evaluation.
- Also, hormonal fluctuations of the menstrual cycle can result in fluid retention, which can cause wrists to swell.
- Researchers set out to see if the symptoms experienced by women in menopause are caused by hormonal changes.
- Trauma, surgery, hormonal swings or hormonal therapy may often cause hemodynamic expansion of previously existing vascular malformations.
- But in recent times we have also appreciated that these women have hormonal imbalances, have a much higher risk of diabetes, and may also have a risk of heart disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.