In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hormona femenino(injection) (before noun) de hormonashormone replacement therapy — terapia hormonal sustitutiva femenino
- hormone therapy — terapia hormonal
- hormone treatment — tratamiento hormonal / con hormonas
- Doctors insert rods into their arms which release synthetic hormones that prevent the teenagers producing eggs.
- As your baby's born, you may be given an injection of a synthetic hormone, usually in your thigh or buttock.
- The synthetic hormones have side effects, especially liver qi stagnation and blood stagnation.
- Anabolic steroids are made with synthetic male hormones and cause more dangerous side-effects among girls than boys.
- People become vegetarians for all kinds of reasons; pumping sentient animals full of hormones and making their lives hell being only one of them.
- There are no synthetic hormones, no pesticides, and no unnecessary ingredients.
- I can't say I missed bleeding, but I did feel weird about a steady diet of synthetic hormones.
- For this reason, the synthetic hormones are technically known as ovulation inhibitors.
- The basic hormone on which all synthetic anabolic steroids are based.
- They could be giving hormones to the farm animals, or antibiotics, and who knows what's in their feed.
- Anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones that cause the body to produce muscle and prevent muscle breakdown.
- Treatment is typically with synthetic thyroid hormones, which can normalize blood pressure.
- One recommended the usual synthetic hormones; another prescribed black cohosh and yam extract.
- Age, ethnicity, body mass index, and previous use of hormones had no effect on outcomes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.